This is Prague Castle in the most time efficient way!
Meet your local friendly guide and hear the story that spans over thousand years. From the tribal foundations and medieval fortification. Then through the age of imperial city, world wars and communism dark age, all the way to the so-called Velvet revolution and today’s governmental democracy. This walk aims to provide you with a historical context and a tailor-made source of information.
The route includes such high-profile sights as the Saint Vitus Cathedral, Old Royal Palace, St. George Basilica. And more, it features famous figures like Charles IV., Vaclav Havel, Rudolf II., Franz Kafka and others.
The castle complex is so large it is easy to lose a precious time here – therefore, this tour was designed to show you “the best of”, we walk through the castle GROUNDS & EXTERIORS.
Our tour is perfect in case you do not want to / do not have time to dedicate 3-4 hours to explore the castle, but still want to visit, learn and spend a quality time here. Due to the afternoon start time, we can avoid the biggest crowds and long frustrating lines at entrance.
- TIME EFFICIENT – see the highlights, learn what is worth extra time and what to skip
- LOCAL EXPERT GUIDE – friendly, knowledgeable and professional
- Explore the world’s LARGEST CASTLE COMPLEX
- Local expert guide
- Tram ticket
- Ponchos in case of rain
After we meet, we will take a short tram ride to The Castle and walk right inside.
☆ Prague Castle
☆ Saint Vitus Cathedral
☆ Old Royal Palace
☆ St. George Basilica
☆ Golden Lane (entrance)
☆ St. George Basilica
☆ Castle guards
☆ View of the Lesser Town
- This is a guided tour inside the castle grounds and only covers exteriors. You are able to see the exterior of buildings and the palace grounds. For the entrance to the buildings, you can purchase OPTIONAL circuit B tickets and spend another 1-3 hours in the Castle after we finish this tour. Our tour is designed to provide you with the orientation and historical overview.
- Circuit B tickets needed to visit selected interiors are possible to purchase inside the castle.
- We also want to tell you about history and Prague in general on this tour, that is all relevant for the Prague Castle context. We will be happy to give you locals’ recommendations for whatever you want to do here. You can enjoy your stay and avoid all the traps.
- To enter the castle grounds, there is no entrance fee. We will pass through the security gate.
More than 72 hours before the tour, there are no fees. Less than 72 hours before the departure of the tour, will be charged total amount of the service.
Light rain is no argument for cancellation of the tour.